- Job Number: 505757
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Brisbane
- Categories: Other Engineering, Airworthiness, Aircraft Maintenance, Stores, Supply Chain, Other Engineering Operations
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
About the Role:
The objective of the Reliability Engineer role is to monitor and analyse of the effectiveness of the Maintenance Program to ensure the continued safe, reliable and cost-effective operation of the fleets using all appropriate data sources.
The Reliability Engineer is also responsible for the development of analysis methods for determining reliability of components, equipment and processes, analyse data, prepare KPI presentations and reports for defining reliability issues and make recommendations for improvements to Technical Dispatch Reliability and On Time Performance.
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category :
- B1, B2 or C; orhold, or have held, a license that is equivalent to a license in category B1, B2 or C; orhave a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at Certificate IV level; or have a qualification in aviation maintenance management at least at diploma level; or have an engineering qualification at least at diploma level in any of the following disciplines: aeronautical; avionics;mechanical;electrical;
- 3 years relevant work experience in an Airline Technical Services / Reliability Engineer role for aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type, as the aircraft operated by the airline
- Advanced Computer and Data Analysis Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- the regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
- regular maintenance requirements included in the instruction for continuing airworthiness for the aircraft.
- the specifications and standards that have been used by the type certificate holder to develop regular maintenance requirements for the aircraft
- the aircraft’s certification basis
- the aircraft’s structure and systems, including the propulsion system, for the aircraft/engine type operated by the airline
If you would like a more detailed description of the role, please refer to the below PD.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
PD Fleet Reliability Engineer.pdf
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend