Production Lead - Coryton
Job no: 498682
Work type: Permanent full-time
Production Lead - Based in Coryton, Essex
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The focus for the team on site is people leadership, driving high performance through teams, fostering a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement, as well as moving towards a more dynamic production planning and scheduling operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Leading a safety first operation and drive towards an incident free workplace by meeting all SHE, HSE and legislation guidelines and ensuring compliance and permit to work, Calor specs, MOD’s procedure RIVO and record keeping
• Manage Shift Leads to ensure appropriate execution of production plans
• Own the forecasting and planning of production requirements
• Takes ownership for defining production targets
• Responsible for recruitment, training and development of direct and indirect resource within the plant operation
• Own stock taking processes and investigate discrepancies
• Production reporting, including financials, production levels and stock levels
• Driving continuous improvement across filling and cylinder repair activities by the introduction of 5S and Lean concepts
• Required to take a ‘senior’ role within the on-site incident management team
• Required to stand in for plant manager as required.
As such we would like you to have:
• High concern for safety in operations
• Leadership and people skills with experience in a production based environment
• Bought into the concept of delivering through teams by effective leadership
• Experience of people management, particularly appraisals, development reviews and disciplinaries
• Planning and organisational skills – able to turn customer requirements into production requirements along with an understanding of how to optimise production levels using automated equipment
• Ability to produce reports for senior management
• An understanding of 5S and Lean Concepts - demonstrable experience of implementation preferred
• Experience of analysing production costs and identifying savings through maximising production and reducing waste
• Excellent IT skills, particularly advanced Excel skills
• Technical competence with qualifications in engineering or other relevant discipline
• IOSH / NEBOSH safety qualification
• Working knowledge of risk assessment, COSHH, work instructions and incident investigation
• Plan and prioritise workloads in line with business priorities
• Manage resource efficiently to maximise return on investment
• Full UK drivers licence
Company benefits include:
• 25 days annual leave
• Private medical insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistant programme
• Contributory pension scheme
• Bonus scheme based on performance
If you are successful in being offered this role, you will be required to carry out pre-employment checks including: 5 year address history, 3 year employment history, criminal record check, credit history check, drivers licence check and be medically fit to work.
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend