Plant Maintenance Team Leader - Coryton
Job no: 498801
Work type: Permanent full-time
Plant Maintenance Team Leader – Coryton, Essex
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
The Operations team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit an engaging and proactive Plant Maintenance Team Leader to ensure the safe operation of all plant and equipment within a Top Tier COMAH site through the management of multi-skilled direct labour and contractors workforce.
The role is critical to enable sustainable maximum plant productivity by ensuring the availability of technically sophisticated automated filling and cylinder reconditioning equipment achieved through the deployment of effective maintenance programmes and continual improvement through the introduction of innovative equipment and work processes.
As well as leading the mechanical team and contractors, the job holder will issue permits to work, maintain the PEMAC maintenance system and issue/control the work undertaken to maintain the site to Calor Specifications and all SHE policies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a safety first operation and drive towards an incident free workplace
- Lead the Calor Maintenance Team and all Contractors onsite by allocating work, placing orders, specifying materials to correct spec, supervision of contractors, ensuring the team and contractors are trained, operate safely and adhere to all site rules
- To plan and oversee site maintenance on a day to day basis including all safety critical equipment and fire protection systems ensuring all work is carried out to the correct specifications.
- To plan and control all maintenance activities on site, inclusive of the on-site safe system of work.
- To keep the PEMAC maintenance scheduling system correct and up to date within specified timescales; to maintain the HSB certification system and to maintain the OEB manual and discuss with the D&P Manager any content requiring action.
- To manage the spend on the maintenance budget
- Liaise, assist and when necessary supervise National Engineering projects on site including modifications, obtaining costings, supervision of contractors, understanding the project and include equipment and inspection intervals on PEMAC
- Attend and support the onsite team at all audits including HSE, Process Safety, Human Factors, Health & Safety, Electrical and Mechanical audits
- Take a role within the incident management team
- Complete modifications forms in line with Cal 901
As such we would like you to:
- Appropriate Technical Qualification: BEng, NVQ Level 3, HND/HNC, or equivalent experience.
- NEBOSH / IOSHH Safety Qualification
- Competent in Maintenance Systems
- Issuing / receiving Permit to Work
- Working in Hazardous Area / COMAH Site
- Have experience of Electronic control systems, pumps, compressors, pneumatics, pipework and pressure vessels.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance regimes
- Have previous experience of engagement with Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency or other formal regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret process flow diagrams and technical drawings
- Demonstrate ability to identify faults and manage such through to resolution
- Possess sound knowledge of related health & safety legislation and procedures
- Be familiar with common desktop office applications as well as bespoke Calor IT packages.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
We are a responsible business where safety is our number one priority. As such, during any visit to, or employment with Calor, you may be randomly selected to undergo a drugs and alcohol test. Such results, which would be shared with you, may be taken into consideration in relation to any employment application or continued employment.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend