Business Development Executive (Melbourne or Sydney)
Job no: 494646
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to help drive our Banking & Finance (BAF), Competition, Consumer & Regulatory (CCR) and Tax practices, working alongside the BD Manager.
Our Partners are focused on their clients and on growth. They are keen to work with a Business Development Executive that is organised, enthusiastic and able to offer fresh perspectives.
Working closely with partners, lawyers and the business development and marketing teams, this role is responsible for developing and executing business development initiatives to facilitate revenue growth.
Our Marketing & Client Services (MCS) department drive growth for the firm by building, enhancing and protecting our brand, networks and relationships. We are committed to cultivating client experiences that deliver genuine value, and developing the capacity of our people to do the same.
The MCS team comprises business development specialists (allocated to portfolios of industry sectors, practices/products and clients), marketing, communication and digital specialists, in areas such as communication, media and content; marketing and campaigns; design and digital; events and networks.
The team is extremely well regarded across the firm, and typically involved in strategy development and execution.
The MCS team is a tight knit one with a strong commitment to results, a hard work ethic and a good sense of fun. The team is genuinely national, with team members located across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. A number of MCS team members have worked with Allens for significant periods of time, while there are also new team members whose fresh perspectives and different ways of thinking are embraced.
The background of team members is varied – it includes people who have come out of law, politics, consultancy, journalism and all manner of other industries and roles.
As a Business Development Executive, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Using best practice strategy to support Allens to deliver revenue growth and building stronger, more enduring and sustainable client relationships.
- Project managing or contributing to tenders relevant to the assigned practice groups and contributing to other firm-wide tenders being managed by BDs across the firm.
- Coaching lawyers and secretaries in contribution to the tender process.
- Assisting the BD Lead to implement Practice Group strategy and initiatives which facilitate revenue growth, including responsibility for:
- Assisting to drive the implementation of the business plans including pursuing growth opportunities
- Implementing business development initiatives, including integrated campaigns and working with the relevant team members to implement these.
- Preparing submissions and helping to prepare partners for ranking survey interviews (such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500).
- Helping to identify publishing, media and speaking opportunities, and providing partners and lawyers with support in pursuing these opportunities.
- Assisting with the collection of capability information for the group (for inclusion in tenders and pitches etc).
- Supporting the BD Lead in client relationship management with appropriate clients, including utilising and advocating the CRM tools available.
- Conducting client feedback (relationship, matter and tender feedback) to continually improve our service offering and to gain further insights into the client’s business.
- Coaching secondees prior and post placement and assisting in pursing identified opportunities to strengthen the relevant client relationships.
- Understanding the market and staying across client and competitor activity and share insights.
- Encouraging the sharing of client intelligence, lessons learned and best practice BD across the firm.
- Project managing the preparation of business development collateral including content contribution.
- Maintaining responsibility for BD infrastructure to support lawyers and secretaries in BD initiatives.
- Working with partners, Events team and practice assistants to coordinate client events including training.
Consistent with many BD roles at Allens, this role would be ‘embedded’ with BAF, CCR and Tax team members, allowing the successful candidate to quickly and efficiently build rapport and relationships.
Key stakeholders include the Banking & Finance, Competition, Consumer & Regulatory and Tax Practice Group Leaders and Relationship Partners across each of the sectors that are most important to each Practice Group’s initiatives.
Your career trajectory
Our Business Development Team is looking for an experienced BD Executive who can work reasonably autonomously and support an existing strategy.
We recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Leading and managing tenders and coaching secretaries and lawyers in contribution to the tender process.
- Working alongside a BD Lead to develop and implement business development initiatives.
- Working alongside a BD Lead to coach teams to win new clients and major projects.
- Client relationship management with a BD Lead.
- Understanding client experience and aligning business development activities to deliver exceptional client experience.
- Working closely with communications, digital and events teams to design and deliver marketing and communication strategies in a B2B environment.
- Working in a professional services firm or other corporate organisation with complex stakeholder management.
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Positive, solutions-focussed, good humoured.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities at any single time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed research and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder influence skills.
- Commercially astute, and able to quickly understand strategy and translate it through to execution.
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively in teams.
- Action oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
This is a permanent opportunity. We are ideally looking for a full-time Business Development Executive, however we would encourage applications from candidates looking for a 4 day/week arrangement.
Allens also supports a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend