Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager – Fixed Term Contract (Sydney)
Job no: 494660
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time, Fixed Term Contract - Part time
Categories: Corporate Services
Our Finance Department is recruiting a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager for an initial period of 12 months to cover parental leave. This is a highly regarded position at the Firm where your key objective is to ensure that all compliance responsibilities associated with taxation, insurance, treasury and banking covenants are met.
The Allens Finance department drives planning and performance tracking - including financial and statutory reporting, management reporting, expense control, capital management, tax, payroll, accounts payable, risk management and external audit.
We're currently recruiting a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager to work within our Partnership and Regulatory Team within the broader Finance department. This position reports into the Partnership & Regulatory Manager.
Our Partnership and Regulatory Team is involved in a broad range of activities across the Firm from Partnership arrangements, Partner superannuation queries, direct and indirect tax matters, goods and services tax (GST) queries, Treasury, Insurance, Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) and other regulatory requirements.
As a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager, you'll work closely with many parts of the Firm, consulting directly with partners and other stakeholders, and will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
Your core responsibilities in your role as a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager will include:
- Calculation of taxable income and preparation of income tax returns for the Firm's domestic and international entities (incl. corporations, partnerships and trusts).
- Preparation of Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) returns.
- Preparation of Stamp duty returns.
- Preparation of tax estimates and individual tax memos for partners.
- Overseeing and approving GST free tasks and liaising with Practice Assistances and Lawyers/Partners on the same.
- Attending to queries from and providing advice to internal clients (incl. People & Development and Office of General Counsel) on topics such as Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT), corporate and individual income tax and Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Assisting with the preparation of Board papers and memorandums to decision making committees of the Firm.
- Management of the Firm's cash advance facility and overdraft (incl. tracking the Firm's cash flows on a daily basis, collecting weekly forecast income and outgoings from various Finance teams, preparing a weekly cash forecast recommendation and provide instructions to the bank).
- Oversee and manage timely repayment of the Firm's office fit-out facility.
- Preparation of the semi-annual and annual bank covenant reports.
- Assist with the preparation of cashflow forecasts, Board papers (e.g. annual capital adequacy paper) and internal memorandums to decision making committees.
- Responsible for the banking admin including the Firm's bank signatories and corporate credit cards facility.
- Lead and coordinate the Firm's annual insurance renewals, including the General Insurance program, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Directors & Officers and Employment Practices Liability insurance, Cyber Insurance, etc.
You will have daily contact with Partners and lawyers at Allens. Your role will also require you to build close relationships with other members of the Finance Team, as well as throughout the broader Corporate Services environment including our People & Development, Office of General Counsel and Marketing & Client Services Departments.
Your key external stakeholders include the Firm's bank relationship managers, tax advisors, insurance brokers and the Firm's auditors. Regular contact with Partners' personal tax and financial advisers are also required upon request.
Your career trajectory
Our Partnership and Regulatory Team is looking for a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- An Accounting or Commerce degree.
- Post Graduate membership of ICAA or CPA.
- Experience in income tax returns for companies, trusts and partnerships.
- Profound knowledge of corporate and individual tax legislation.
- A minimum of 4 years tax and business services experience from a public practice background is essential.
- Previous experience with Thomson Reuters OneSource is preferred.
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel with the ability to analyse data, use Vlookups and create PivotTables.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with people at all levels of an organisation, including with Partners.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability co-ordinate multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
This is a an initial 12 month fixed term contract opportunity for a Taxation & Treasury Accountant / Manager.
We are ideally looking for a full-time Accountant / Manger, however support flexibility and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend