Our Sydney office is recruiting a Communications and Corporate Affairs Manager. This is a fantastic role for somebody looking for both a strategic and tactical focus in their next role. This is a critical hire, where you'll support the Firm's brand and reputation, as well as our marketing activity and growth areas.
This role sits within our Communications & Brand Team, which has recently evolved its remit to encompass a core focus on the Firm's brand story and the expression of its vision and values. Extending from this core focus is the team's accountability for internal and external communications across the Firm. The team works in concert with our Marketing & Campaigns, Events and Digital Teams and is part of the broader Marketing & Client Services Department.
Our Marketing & Client Services (MCS) Department drive growth for the firm by building, enhancing and protecting our brand, networks and relationships. We are committed to cultivating client experiences that deliver genuine value, and developing the capacity of our people to do the same. The team is extremely well regarded across the firm, and typically involved in strategy development and execution.
The MCS team is a tight knit one with a strong commitment to results, a hard work ethic and a good sense of fun. The team is genuinely national, with team members located across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth. A number of MCS team members have worked with Allens for significant periods of time, while there are also new team members whose fresh perspectives and different ways of thinking are embraced.
The background of team members is varied – it includes people who have come out of law, politics, consultancy, journalism and all manner of other industries and roles.
Allens is a leading international law firm with an exciting and industry leading brand. As a Communications and Corporate Affairs Manager, you will have the opportunity to expand your horizons and play an instrumental role in the development of our thriving Communications and Brand function, which is setting the standard for excellence.
Some of your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Driving and executing a range of communications activities that form part of our integrated brand and marketing initiatives.
- Driving reputation-setting communications programs that respond to stakeholder issues, market-place and social trends, and operate within the context our desired client and employee experience.
- Managing a portfolio of media relations activities – from strategy, to advice / coaching, to execution - supporting both firm communications as well as interactions between our thought leaders and business media.
- Actively increasing our share of voice in the business media, and other external forums / industry networks, in areas of importance to the firm.
- Helping to drive our content agenda - building key messages, sourcing stories and identifying opportunities and risks.
- Elegantly articulating key messages and shaping content - moulded by the firm's values and desired tone of voice - for a range of audiences and through a range of channels and formats (media releases, articles, case studies, videos and a range of other assets).
- Actively contributing to the management of our reputation and response to issues that impact the firm.
Supporting and helping to lead a growing suite of brand communications and campaign activities that bring our culture, organisational purpose and our people to life.
You will have the opportunity to partner with many parts of the Firm, including our management and firm leadership teams, and across various Practice Groups and Departments. Together with members of the broader team, you'll support the Firm's brand and reputation as well as strategic marketing activities and growth areas.
You'll be a trusted adviser who adapts to the stakeholders with whom you engage, and successfully coach thought leaders to effectively project their voice in the market through various channels, including proactive positioning in industry forums, networks of influence and the media.
Your clients will see you as an experienced communications and media relations strategist, a collaborator, problem solver, idea generator and storyteller. We're looking for somebody with a proactive attitude and an ability to zoom out and see the bigger picture, as well as zoom in on the detail.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career as a Communications and Corporate Affairs Manager. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Content planning and communications strategy development.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a laser-like attention to detail.
- Media relations, social media and corporate affairs expertise - from building relationships, to crafting responses and approaches, to coaching and supporting spokespeople / thought leaders.
- Reputation and issues management.
- The ability to turn abstract concepts into easily digestible content.
- A flare for injecting empathy, understanding and emotional intelligence in all writing, with a keen understanding of audience personas.
- Digital savvy, with the ability to shape content for digital journeys.
- An ability to form insights from data.
This is a permanent opportunity.
We are ideally looking for a full-time Communications and Corporate Affairs Manager however, support flexibility and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you.
Allens also supports a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Our MSC Team is also recruiting a Business Development Executive, which may align to your career goals.