In this highly strategic role, you will be primarily focussed on executing Allens' ILS strategy leveraging technology, process and flexible resourcing at its core. You will be responsible for the development and operational leadership of the firms' Arrow direct offering as well as the development and leadership of ILS legal technology and strategic growth initiatives.
As a member of our ILS leadership team, the Head of Technology and Client Solutions will work in a collaborative environment developing and supporting our national team to deliver market leading data management, analysis and review solutions for our firm and clients directly. You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality and commercial legal technology and review solutions on legal matters for which Allens is engaged (most commonly disputes and investigation matters) and in support of matters which our clients seek to run internally.
The predominant focus of this role will be on the ongoing development and operational leadership of the of the firms' Arrow direct offering including a new managed services offering for clients. This will also include responsibility for evolving and executing our Arrow direct strategy, providing consulting advice to clients and lawyers, identifying market and business development opportunities, as well as team leadership.
The Head of Technology and Client Solutions will also play a key role in relation to a range of strategic initiatives including the development of new adjacent services for the firm, the exploration and implementation of emerging technologies (R&D), as well as play a lead role on a range of continuous improvement technology projects.
Our Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) team provides specialised data management, analysis and document review solutions to support our disputes, investigations and transaction matters as well as our clients directly.
You'll be joining one of the largest and most advanced legal technology teams in Australia - one that has been named Australia and New Zealand’s Most Innovative Companies by The Australian Financial Review for the third year running!
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside individuals with legal, technical and project management qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge, experience and development opportunities.
Key focus areas for the Head of Technology and Client Solutions are outlined below:
- Leadership of the firms' Arrow Direct offering and direct client services stream
Working closely with the ILS Director and direct services Manager, this role will lead the ongoing development and growth of the firms' Arrow Direct offering and be responsible for the portfolio of client matters within that stream. This includes the execution of our existing strategy, including the development of our managed data services offering, as well as providing leadership to team members in the delivery of ILS services on matters.
This role will also facilitate strategic client engagement and business development opportunities, as well as consult and provide technical and advisory services to clients for matters which they seek to run internally utilising their in-house legal resources. This most commonly includes supporting clients across a number of regulatory and internal investigation matters, as well as disputes.
This role will be integral in working with the ILS leadership team to ensure that Allens is positioned well to respond to, and anticipate, our strategic clients' emerging needs into the future.
- Leadership and development of strategic initiatives and growth opportunities for the firm
The Head of Technology and Client Solutions will also lead strategic initiatives across the firm to ensure that Allens retains its market leading position with respect to legal technology and alternative resourcing solutions. This includes the exploration of adjacent service areas for the firm, evolving existing ILS services to meet clients' needs, as well as the exploration and implementation of emerging technologies as relevant to the ILS practice.
This role will have the opportunity to explore cutting edge technology solutions and lead the work of our Analysts and Consultants to optimise new and existing services to drive sustainable and profitable growth for the firm.
The Head of Technology and Client Solutions will also build strategic partnerships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders of the firm, including developing close working relationships with our clients.
- Contribute to overall leadership and strategic direction of ILS group
The Head of Technology and Client Solutions will work closely with the ILS leadership team to develop and execute the ILS strategy for the firm, including the following core pillars:
- Evolving and developing new legal technology and review services to drive sustainable and profitable growth for the firm.
- Continuing to build capability across the ILS team to support our strategic aspirations.
- Enhancing market profile and positioning of ILS services and actively contribute to winning work for the firm.
- Partnering with lawyers to develop and lift adoption of innovative and technology enabled solutions on matters.
- Building a market leading practice by developing and enhancing legal technology solutions and services to support core legal offerings.
- Contributing to and helping to shape the firm’s data strategy.
As the pace and scale of change in technology continues to accelerate, client demand for ILS services continues to grow. This new role provides the opportunity to work closely with our legal practice groups and directly with our clients on their most significant and high profile matters.
The key relationships for the Head of Technology and Client Solutions include external clients of the firm, partners and practice group leaders, as well as a number of departments across the firm. Together with members of the national ILS team, this role will work closely with Partners, lawyers and our colleagues in the Innovation team to deliver high quality, commercial and technology enabled solutions for our clients.
Your career trajectory
Every career journey is different. At Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our Career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
Skills and experience
- A strong background working in professional services and legal technology is essential. Information management, information technology and/or project management is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years Legal Technology experience, ideally in litigation eDiscovery, regulatory or internal investigations or corporate due diligence. Consulting expertise in matters involving complex review databases, data analytics engines and technical assisted review workflows is required. Advanced technical skills in software including Nuix Discover (Ringtail), Relativity, Nuix, iPro and / or EDT is also highly desirable.
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills, with proven experience in managing teams.
- Strong stakeholder management ability, with a key focus on managing clients' interests, the firm's interests and internal stakeholder interests.
- Exceptional project management and time management skills. Ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines. Well organised and meticulous with thorough and methodical work practices.
- Strong knowledge of relevant court rules, practice directions and industry best practice.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to ensure effective interaction at all levels. Excellent presentation skills are essential.
- Excellent understanding of legal market and current strategic drivers.
- Tertiary qualifications highly desirable or equivalent experience in legal information management, information technology or computing science.
- Law degree would be an advantage.
- Project management accreditation desirable.
This is a permanent opportunity for a Head of Technology and Client Solutions.
Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to candidates wanting to work either full or part time.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8743.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.