Risk and Compliance Consultant, Business Human Rights
Job no: 494898
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time, Fixed Term Contract - Part time, Permanent - Full time
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services, Graduate Lawyers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Consultant to join our growing Risk and Compliance Advisory practice. The role will have a particular focus on business human rights compliance including with modern slavery laws.
Our Risk and Compliance Advisory practice provides legal risk and compliance services to our clients across a broad range of subject matter areas including business human rights obligations (including modern slavery), anti-bribery, sanctions, AML and whistleblowing.
This includes policy review, risk assessments, compliance control reviews and uplift, advice on and conduct of investigations into breaches of company policy or the law and advice on internal and external reporting practices and requirements.
It is a whole of firm initiative.
The range of services provided by the Allens Risk and Compliance Advisory practice is varied. Your role within our team could typically include assisting with:
- Risk and compliance client matters in areas including business human rights (including modern slavery) or whistleblowing.
- Precedent and system development across the Risk and Compliance practice- identifying the different risk and compliance methodologies adopted by different practice groups across the firm and seeking to maximise consistency in methodology where appropriate and share learnings.
- Scoping and support of execution of business development opportunities.
You will be working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and clients, and will have the opportunity to partner with many parts of the Firm, including various Practice Groups and Departments.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career as a Risk and Compliance Consultant including in the business human rights practice area. We will support you on your journey, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions.
What you'll bring
- Risk and compliance experience gained in a professional services firm or industry preferred but not essential.
- Expertise in at least one risk and compliance subject matter area, with business and human rights experience – understanding of domestic law and international frameworks - preferable.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients to create practical solutions.
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Highly developed report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare business development material, including proposals, case studies and other sector specific material.
- Hunger to build a fast growing growing but relatively new practice area of the firm
- Practising certificate or law degree desirable.
We're looking for a Risk and Compliance Consultant on a full-time basis.
We offer a hybrid working environment so you will be able to flex your time in the office and working from home if you wish.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Alison Maclurkin Talent Acquisition, National Manager.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend