Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are looking for a Review Services Team Leader to join our team in Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is legally qualified and has experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews.
As part of our wider Integrated Digital Solutions team, you will be joining one of Australia's largest legal technology teams where we have been recognised in the Australian Financial Review's Most Innovative Companies list for the past four years. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we aim to play a leadership role in advancing the legal industry, ensuring our business processes support us to be modern, innovative and efficient, while exploring areas beyond traditional law that align with our core business and clients' needs.
This is where you fit in.
As a Team Leader in our Review Services team you will:
- Manage and supervise document reviewers for Review Services matter work by giving instructions to reviewers, responding to queries, and undertaking quality checks of work completed;
- Oversee the document review process for a wide variety of matters by managing any issues, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Project Manager and lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate;
- Apply strong legal, eDiscovery and time and project management skills on matter and on strategic projects;
- Collaborate with the broader Integrated Legal Solutions team and Allens lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects;
- Assist with assessing the skill sets of reviewers for Review Services matters as needed and ensuring that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the Allens high performance culture.
- Share knowledge openly and effectively with other ILS team members locally and nationally
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. We support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- A legal qualification, with previous experience practising as a lawyer or experience in a document review team leader role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews;
- Experience working on litigation matters involving eDiscovery (essential);
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable;
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in legal information management, information technology or computing science is highly desirable;
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others; and
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Rebecca Lyness – Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition on +61 2 9230 4616.