Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment & Native Title Associate or Senior Associate to join our busy Perth practice. This is a new role within a growing team.
You will be working alongside and learning from one of our leading partners, Eve Lynch. Eve is a specialist environment, planning and native title lawyer and advises on significant projects in Western Australia.
Our team provides specialist environment, town planning and native title law advice. We are a collaborative national team and work together across our Australian offices on market leading national transactions. You will be given excellent training and development opportunities and the support to manage your own matters and client relationships early on while being mentored by Eve and other senior members of the team.
You will primarily undertake core environment, planning and native title work but ideally have a willingness to broaden your skills into adjacent practice areas, such as local government law. You will receive exposure to a variety of challenging matters, traversing a broad spectrum of State and Federal law – including:
- advising on environmental impact assessments for major projects under State and Federal legislation (from scoping through to appeals)
- advising on environmental and planning compliance matters
- undertaking compliance reviews and advising on incident management
- advising on climate risk
- preparing native title and heritage agreements
- undertaking due diligence to support major transactions
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however flexibility matters at Allens, so if you are seeking hybrid working or are looking for flexibility in your work, we would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you.
You will have:
- Experience working in an environment and planning team or on native title and land access matters (especially if it's in the Perth market)
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters
- A growth mindset - keen to grow, both as a lawyer and leader
- A desire to build and develop effective working relationships with clients
- A natural ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks
- A passion for developing others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks
In joining Allens, you will receive unparalleled learning and development opportunities. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you learn and develop, and will be encouraged to grow. We foster greatness, and will coach and support you to meet your goals and aspirations.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Rebecca Lyness, Senior Consultant – Talent Acquisition on +61 2 9230 4616
At Allens, our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, cultural backgrounds, First Nations communities, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align, please express your interest by emailing us at email@example.com. The right role for you might be just around the corner!