Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are currently looking for a front-end construction and infrastructure / project development lawyer (3-5 years PQE) to join our fast growing Perth team. This is an exciting time to be part of our Projects group as project development activity continues at an unprecedented level across the country.
Our team advises on the leading infrastructure, resources and energy (including renewable energy) projects in Australia. We act for developer, owner, operator and contractor clients across a wide range of sectors and routinely advise on high profile national and cross-border transactions.
Your role will typically include the following types of work:
- a wide variety of front-end development and advisory work across the construction, infrastructure, resources and energy sectors;
- advising on, drafting and negotiating construction and project development documentation for greenfield and brownfield mining and resources projects, from JV structuring through to key transaction documents at all levels of a transaction;
- advising clients on, drafting and negotiating engineering, construction, procurement and operations agreements for development projects across various sectors, including a wide range of ancillary advice and documentation;
- advising clients generally on matters involving project development transactions across sectors; and
- providing support and advice to clients on their contractual arrangements.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however flexibility matters at Allens, so if you are seeking hybrid working or are looking for flexibility in your work, we would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you.
You will have:
- An interest in advising on a broad range of project development, construction and infrastructure work for clients across traditional and emerging sectors.
- Knowledge and proven experience in front-end construction, procurement and infrastructure development transactions and expertise in documenting and advising on development projects across various sectors.
- An ability to work independently and effectively manage smaller matters and elements of larger matters.
- A strong team ethic and collaborative attitude, this aspect of our culture is of key importance to us.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- An interest in building an understanding of clients and developing effective working relationships with clients.
In joining Allens, you will receive unparalleled learning and development opportunities. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you learn and develop, and will be encouraged to grow. We foster greatness, and will coach and support you to meet your goals and aspirations.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Rebecca Lyness, Senior Consultant – Talent Acquisition on +61 2 9230 4616
At Allens, our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, cultural backgrounds, First Nations communities, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align, please express your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The right role for you might be just around the corner!