Senior Associate, Qualified Lawyers (Multiple positions across Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney)
Job no: 495100
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We're looking for up to 50 lawyers to join our Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, or Sydney offices.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work closely with our Partners and the wider team, and will gain exposure to the most complex and interesting transactions in the market.
At Allens, our structure means you'll get exposure to a number of different Partners within your practice group and a wide variety of work. We encourage our lawyers to find their niche and specialise in areas they're interested in, while building a strong foundation across their field.
Responsibilities might include:
- Drafting legal documents and agreements
- Managing matters and transactions
- Legal document review
- Leading negotiations with clients
- Performing due diligence
- Providing complex legal advice
- Business development and picking up new work
- Managing junior lawyers
- Discovery and E-discovery management
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- Experience in one or more of the following practice areas:
- Disputes and Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking & Finance
- Technology, Media, Telecommunications
- Funds/Pensions, Super, Wealth
- Projects & Development
- Intellectual Property & Trademarks
- Experience working in a well-regarded a law firm (we are also open to a combination of private practice and in-house experience) where you have been responsible for tasks such as:
- Drafting legal documents and agreements directly with clients
- Reviewing and amending the work of junior lawyers
- Matter management
- Building relationships with clients and leading negotiations
- Managing, and delegating work to, junior lawyers
- Business development internally and externally
- Writing pitch documents or legal articles
- Hosting seminars
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend