Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 37 offices in 23 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
You'll be a part of our Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) team and work with lawyers across all of our offices. Working closely with our Partners and the wider team, you will gain exposure to the most complex and interesting transactions in the market. You'll have the privilege of advising clients from almost every sector, from government and healthcare through to infrastructure, media and banking.
At Allens, our structure means you'll get exposure to a number of different Partners within your practice group and a wide variety of work. We encourage our lawyers to find their niche and specialise in areas they're interested in, while building a strong foundation across their field.
As an Associate/Senior Associate in our TMT team you will be involved in a variety of transactional and regulatory matters including:
- Outsourcing – technology and business process outsourcing and vendor management
- Data – privacy advice, data governance, data commercialisation, data breach crisis management, engaging with regulators on formal investigations and negotiating enforceable undertakings
- Corporate – business separations and systems integrations and advising on complex corporate carve outs
- Digital transformation projects
- Telecommunications – major projects, regulatory, infrastructure development and services arrangements
- Media – broadcasting rights deals, licensing and distribution of digital content
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however flexibility matters at Allens, so if you are seeking hybrid working or are looking for flexibility in your work, we would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you.
You will have:
- Experience in a TMT team within a law firm (we are also open to a combination of private practice and in-house experience).
- Australia or other common law jurisdiction experience, ideally with direct involvement in the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of IT/telecommunications contracts.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and elements of larger matters.
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others.
In joining Allens, you will receive unparalleled learning and development opportunities. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you learn and develop, and will be encouraged grow. We foster greatness, and will coach and support you to meet your goals and aspirations.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- International opportunities: our alliance with Linklaters ensures possible secondments to many of their overseas offices.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, on +61 449 539 834.
At Allens, our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, cultural backgrounds, First Nations communities, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align, please express your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The right role for you might be just around the corner!