Disability Residential Youth Worker. Part Time and Casual - Lismore Area
Job no: 495153
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast, Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
You will become a valuable member of our new 24/7 residential therapeutic care home in Lismore on Part Time or Casual basis. You will be supporting and building meaningful relationship with children and young people that are coming from a trauma background, demonstrating complex behavior and experiencing significant disability.
You will be allocated shifts on a fortnightly rotating roster which may include night shifts and weekend shifts based on your provided availability.
- Provide daily care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Develop and support individual care plans, including medication, hygiene and meal requirements
- Encourage community engagement to support and increase life skill of the children and young people
- Support the involvement of family
- Apply therapeutic care approach and therapeutic crisis intervention system (TCI)
- Lifting/manual handling
- Mandatory reporting
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar degree
- Candidates with extensive relevant experience and willingness to obtain a diploma will be considered
- Experience in a residential care setting
- Experience in working with children and young people with disability and complex behaviours
- Knowledge of trauma and its effects on the development and behaviours of children and young people
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted NSW Driver Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Join a growing organisation with career opportunities nationally.
- Hourly rate from $31.75 per hour + superannuation (dependent on qualifications).
- Receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax free through salary packaging benefits.
- Wellbeing support through access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Professional development through ongoing training, including training in Cornell University’s Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Rebecca Chan at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 14th March, 2021 Aus Eastern Daylight Time.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend