Clinician MST - Ipswich
Job no: 495740
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
As part of a team of Clinicians and under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor, this role will create the opportunity to provide in-home clinical services to a small caseload of caregivers/families with children who are serious and/or repeat young offenders.
MST is an empirically based and internationally proven treatment model developed through 30 years of applied research. Our MST program is designed specifically for young people (10-16 years) and focuses on changing factors linked to anti-social, offending behaviour across individual, family, peer, school/vocational and community systems. These changes are influenced through working primarily with the young persons caregivers and focuses on a social-ecological framework for intervention.
Due to internal movement, we are excited to extend the opportunity to suitably qualified health professionals to be a part of the program and through the MST model develop comprehensive, systemic intervention plans for young offenders and their families that lead to real change. This position will be based across the Ipswich and Western Suburbs
- Delivering clinical services to a targeted complex case load of young offenders and their families, including psychological assessments, problem conceptualisation, planning and treatment.
- Adhering to the MST intervention model, establishing intensive client contact and intervention with individuals and families, and working with relevant personnel from community agencies.
- Identifying barriers to pro-social activities and engage family / caregivers and other key participants in change-oriented treatment to resolve or reduce barriers and achieve lasting behaviour change.
- Providing individual, family / caregiver and community interventions through the flexible use of a range of psychotherapeutic strategies on a needs basis including out of hours in accordance with approved policies.
- Participate in an on-call roster.
Qualifications & Licences
- Masters qualification in Psychology or Social Work preferred.
- Minimum requirement for the role is a 4 year degree in Social Work, or Psychology. A degree in a related field (including counselling, family/systems therapy etc.) will be considered alongside relevant experience.
- Registration or eligibility for registration with the relevant professional organisation/s (e.g. AASW, Psychology Board of Australia etc.)
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
Essential Criteria (please address this in your application)
- Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, family/care giver systems theory and interventions and behavioural and cognitive behavioural therapies and their application to the treatment of anti-social youth.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering evidence based interventions with individuals or families or systems.
- Relevant experience working with marginalised, minority and difficult to engage young people and/or their families.
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to manage the emotional intensity and accountability of the work
- Demonstrated experience in effective cross-agency collaboration; including effective participation in complex stakeholder groups.
In addition to ongoing individual and peer supervision and professional development opportunities, Life Without Barriers will offer successful applicants an attractive remuneration package including:
- Generous salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per annum).
- A mobile phone, laptop, on-call roster allowance and tool of trade vehicle with fuel card (for personal use).
- A rostered day off per month.
How to Apply
After reviewing the information above, please email Zina at email@example.com to obtain a copy of the information pack including the Position Description. After obtaining the PD and addressing the selection criteria, submit your application by clicking the "apply now" button and following the screen prompts.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. If you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend