Head Chef - FIFO Cairns
Job no: 524199
Work type: Full time
Categories: Resources, Catering
ISS is a leading global workplace experience and facility management company. In partnership with customers, ISS drives the engagement and well-being of people, minimises the impact on the environment, and protects and maintains property.
Across Australia and New Zealand, ISS provide services within a wide range of sectors including Resources, Aviation, Healthcare, Education and Business & Industry. We are seeking value-orientated people to join our local team of 17,000 service professionals, who can help us realise our Purpose of
“Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated full time Head Chef to join our FIFO Resources Catering Team for a 2:1 roster flying from Cairns to our new site in Kidston, regional Queensland.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all safety and quality processes are followed and exceed customer expectations in regards to a healthy and delicious food offering, whilst being in line with contractual requirements.
The Head Chef will manage a team and cater a large number of residents, creating and preparing menus for all meals such as Breakfast, Dinner and Crib. This is a rare opportunity to display your passion, team management and culinary experience.
What we are looking for?
- Australian Trade Certification or Cert III in Commercial Cookery (essential).
- Experience as a Head Chef (essential).
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety (desirable).
- High volume catering, including bulk catering and function/banquet experience.
- Experience in a mining village operation preferred but all professional kitchen experience considered.
- Ability to work to client expectations.
- Able to work a flexible roster.
- Current Police Clearance or willing to obtain one.
- COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate outlining Full vaccination is required. As a service provider, ISS must comply with all public health directives and client requirements. Medical exemptions will apply.
What you will get in return:
- All flights from Cairns, meals and accommodation provided whilst on site.
- Full uniform provided – boots included!
- Very competitive salary - willing to negotiate depending on experience!
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow at a global company.
- Mental, financial and physical health support programs.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now!
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend