ISS IS A PLACE TO BE YOU
We have ambitious goals for how we work, how we impact our surroundings and how we treat our people. It’s you that makes the difference to making amazing places, and we believe everyone can influence change for the better.
”Connecting People and Places to Make the World Work Better”.
Exciting opportunities exist for experienced Sous Chefs to work on a Fly-In-Fly-Out roster at a global company!
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Sous Chefs to join our Resources Catering Team on a permanent, full time Fly-in-fly-Out basis, flying from Perth to our sites throughout regional Western Australia. We are enhancing the catering and workplace experience in our WA Villages and your innovation and flare is needed to be a part of the team!
- 2 weeks on, 1 week off FIFO roster.
- $108,000 + Superannuation.
What we are looking for:
- Australian Trade Certification or Cert III in Commercial Cookery (essential).
- Experience as a Sous Chef in a commercial kitchen (essential).
- High volume catering, including bulk catering and function/banquet experience (essential).
- Experience in large scale A La Carte kitchens (desired).
- 5 years Chef experience (minimum).
- Experience in a mining village operation preferred.
- Ability to work to client expectations.
- Experience driving a safe and productive work culture.
- Creative periodical menu planning and implementation.
- Training a development of existing kitchen staff.
- Strong food safety and HACCP knowledge.
- Able to work a flexible FIFO roster from Perth Airport.
- Police Clearance or willing to obtain one and medically fit to pass Pre-employment medical.
What you will get in return:
- All meals and accommodation provided whilst on site.
- Full uniform provided – boots included!
- Very competitive salary - willing to negotiate depending on experience!
- Mental, financial and physical health support programs.
- Relocation allowance and accommodation assistance available for interstate applicants.
- Ongoing support and training with opportunities to grow at a global company with catering operations across the globe.
- Culinary competitions across the globe for you to participate in.
Reporting to the onsite Executive Chef and Catering leadership team, you will be responsible for ensuring all safety and quality processes are followed and exceed customer expectations in regards to a healthy and delicious food offering, whilst being in line with contractual requirements.
We have an opportunity for the right candidates to do it differently - to deliver innovative, on trend food to hundreds of residents in our remote villages. As a Senior Chef in our ISS catering team, you will assist in all food operations within the Village including breakfast, take away lunches and dinner service.
The role will be working on one of our various remote locations for up to 2 weeks at a time.
At ISS we believe ‘People Make Places’ and we are looking for the best People to create the best work-Places in Western Australia.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BE WHO YOU ARE Every ISS employee, or “Placemaker,” is part of both a diverse team and global community of colleagues where different skills, personalities, and life choices are acknowledged and celebrated as part of a positive, inclusive environment. ISS teams come together to care for clients and colleagues, championing talents and uniting with trust in a place open to the true self.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME WHAT YOU WANT
ISS is a global workplace experience and facility management company, provides placemaking solutions that contribute to better business performance and makes life easier, more productive and enjoyable – delivered to high standards by people who care.
ISS IS A PLACE TO BECOME PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER
With over 485,000 employees throughout 46 countries ISS is a company of belonging.
To apply for this role please click on the 'apply' link and complete the online application. You can review your application status and keep up to date with our current vacancies by visiting our ISS Careers Website:
ISS is passionate about creating a culture that values inclusion and diversity, where all our people are treated fairly and respectfully. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability, people from different cultural backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and asexual (LGBTIQA+) people.
We are an ethical employer, recognised by the industry for paying fairly and ensuring a safe working environment for all our staff. Read more about ISS in Australia and New Zealand on our website. www.au.issworld.com