Administrative Assistant (519832)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - Sth - Exec Director of Nursing
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Band 2 Range 1 Lvl 1|
|| Full Time
|Location:||56 Collins Street, Hobart|
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably experienced applicants for an Administrative Assistant vacancy.
$53,498 to $57,604 pro-rata per annum
General Stream Band 2
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of Employment
Permanent full-time day work, working 76 hours per fortnight.
Part-time hours may be considered.
Working in the role of Administrative Assistant you will:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Clinical Nurse Consultant – Occupational Health, the Occupational Health Nurses and other staff within the service.
- Organise and schedule meetings as requested, and attend to associated arrangements.
- Provide reception and initial contact for staff accessing the service and exercise professional discretion as to appropriate referral to members of the service.
- Implement and maintain relevant filing systems.
- Liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and ensure the effective flow of information and advice within the office.
- Manage the electronic occupational health record - Cohort.
- Prepare teaching material, resource materials and publications and assistance to other members of staff.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the organisation’s Quality & Safety and Work Health & Safety processes.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
519832 Administrative Assistant Band 2 (September 2018) HPRNL.pdf
519832 Administrative Assistant Band 2 (September 2018) HPRNL.doc
THS Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted online. This ensures important questions about you are answered. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form, complete/upload your selection criteria responses and attach your resume. Please note that attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details for two referees before applying.
For further information contact
Clinical Nurse Consultant – Occupational Health
Phone: (03) 6166 6883
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania.
Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now