Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Southern Region
THS - Sth - Complex, Chrnc & Commty Serv
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||AH Professional Level 3 Yr 1|
|Salary:||$88,192 to $98,170 pro rata, per annum|
|| Part Time
|| North West
|Location:||CHAPS Parent Centre NW|
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent Part-time Day Worker, working 38 hours per fortnight
Additional hours may be available.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Psychologist to provide professional psychological services as part of the Child Development Unit team for pre-school aged children and their families who are referred to this service.
Reporting to the Manager, this role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to, developmental/cognitive assessments of preschool aged children, recommending or providing brief therapeutic interventions, and making referrals to appropriate services.
Do you have?
- Sound theoretical knowledge of child psychology and development, as well as experience in completing psychometric assessments of preschool aged children, and working with families who have complex needs
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound professional judgement and initiative
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Current Driver’s Licence
What can we offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
501028 Psychologist HP03 (September 2018) HPRNL.pdf
501028 Psychologist HP03 (September 2018) HPRNL.docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Application for Employment (Form 201).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
BURNIE TAS 7320
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
For more information
Nurse Unit Manager - CHAPS
0419 344 763
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now