Clinical Nurse Consultant - Patient Safety (523207)
Tasmanian Health Service
THS - Patient Safety Service
PSS - Prevention & Incident Mgmt
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||RNur and or RMid Grd 6 Yr 1|
|Salary:||$93,109 to $98,010 pro rata, per annum|
|| Part Time
|Location:||LGH Charles Street, Launceston|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Permanent, part time, day work working 48 hours per fortnight. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant – Patient Safety contributes to the successful positioning of the Patient Safety Service through the provision of high quality, accountable and measureable healthcare both internally and externally, by supporting the clinical streams to operate effective clinical services in accordance with the Tasmanian Health Service (THS) and Patient Safety objectives.
• Apply a clinical perspective to all facets of the Patient Safety Service.
• Coordinate and monitor the safety event monitoring program including identification and investigation of serious incidents and implementation of ratified recommendations.
• Facilitate and coordinate the introduction, implementation and monitoring of patient safety initiatives across the THS.
• Coordinate patient feedback whilst ensuring appropriate and timely responses.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Holds, or is working towards, relevant postgraduate qualifications.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Clinical Nurse Consultant - Patient Safety Grade 6 (September 2018) HPRNL.pdf
Generic Clinical Nurse Consultant - Patient Safety Grade 6 (September 2018) HPRNL.docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
For more information
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now