Health Care Assistant (507446)
Tasmanian Health Service
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||HSO Level 4-1|
|Salary:||$50,538 to $52,725 pro rata, per annum|
|Location:||17 Cameron Street, Scottsdale|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
Fixed term, casual, shift work (fully rotational) as and when required hours per fortnight to commence as soon as possible until 10 February 2021. Notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Under supervision, and in accordance with Agency policy, legal, regulatory and funded program requirements, the Health Care Assistant:
• Provides high quality care and support to community and/or facility based clients and assists with a range of daily living activities that a person would normally do for themselves.
- Current Driver’s Licence *only applicable where the occupant is required to provide services to community based clients*.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
e) e) serious traffic offences (only applicable where the position is required to provide services to community based clients – conviction check for serious traffic offences is not applicable where the position is only required to provide services to clients within a rural inpatient facility and Driver’s Licence is not an essential requirement of the role).
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Health Care Assistant (Primary Health North) HSO 4 (July 2018) HAHSA (1).pdf
Generic Health Care Assistant (Primary Health North) HSO 4 (July 2018) HAHSA (2).docx
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
For more information
Acting Director of Nursing
Phone: (03) 6778 8523
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now