$126,624 pro rata, per annum.
Ambulance Manager 2B
Ambulance Tasmania Agreement 2016 and Ambulance Tasmania Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation)
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Ambulance Tasmania - Hobart
Ambulance Tasmania is seeking a Manager Medical Services to join their team. If you are successful you will be:
- Supporting the Director, Medical Services in the development and maintenance of clinical governance processes for Ambulance Tasmania (AT), to ensure that the clinical care provided is safe, effective and in accordance with contemporary standards and practice.
- Accountable for the management of a group of coordinators responsible for a series of statewide patient and clinical initiatives.
- With general direction provided by the Director, Medical Services manage the development and implementation of Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs), research, patient safety strategies and clinical projects, as assigned.
- Establishing and maintaining a program of clinical credentialing for all health professionals within the organisation and specifically the Authority to Practice program, as required by the Commissioner of Ambulance Services, to ensure the competence and professionalism of Ambulance Tasmania practitioners, including volunteers
- Reviewing, developing and implementing Safety and Quality Improvement Initiatives, including a focus on medication management and resuscitation strategies, in accordance with the Council of Ambulance Authorities (CAA) Global Resuscitation Alliance 10 Steps.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Tertiary qualification in Clinical Research, Public Health, Management or other.
- Qualification and/or experience in Project Management.
- Qualification as an Intensive Care Paramedic, Extended Care Paramedic or equivalent.
- Relevant experience working in areas of clinical governance, safety and quality.
- Registered with the Paramedicine Board of Australia
- Current Driver Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
- a) crimes of violence
- b) sex related offences
- c) serious drug offences
- d) crimes involving dishonesty
- e) serious traffic offences
- 2. Identification check
- 3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (PDF): 520214 Manager Medical Services MAN2B (September 2019).pdf
Statement of Duties (Word): 520214 Manager Medical Services MAN2B (September 2019).docx
Department of Health Applicant Guide.pdf
Department of Health Applicant Guide.docx
For more information (Contact Officer)
Name: Con Georgakas
Phone: (03) 6166 1978
How to apply:
Online applications are preferred - please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you apply online: - Please do not send a hard copy application as well. - You do not need to upload an Application for Employment form.
- OR -
Complete the following application form and post your application to us at:
Recruitment Services - Human Resources
Department of Health
GPO Box 125
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.dhhs.tas.gov.au