Senior Occupational Therapist (503803) (Multiple Vacancies)
Tasmanian Health Service
Tasmanian Hlth Service - Northern Region
Launceston General Hospital
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Allied Health Professional Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2018, Allied Health Professional Level 3|
|Salary:||$90,269 to $100,483 per annum|
|| Full Time
|Location:||LGH Charles Street, Launceston|
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Hours/Period of Appointment
The Launceston General Hospital in northern Tasmania is seeking experienced Senior Occupational Therapists to work as key members of multi-disciplinary teams in acute or sub-acute (rehab) positions.
Permanent, full time, day work working 76 hours per fortnight. Please note that hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant. Please also note that applications may be considered for fixed term or casual opportunities as they arise.
- To promote, develop and provide Occupational Therapy (OT) services in accordance with professional standards, best practice and evidence, to a predominately specialist or complex caseload, in order to improve occupational outcomes for patients.
- To provide clinical direction and professional supervision and support to level 1/2 Occupational Therapists and undergraduate occupational therapy students.
- To assist with the development of occupational therapy clinical services through planning, evidence-based practice, quality improvement and research activities.
What we can offer:
- Comprehensive onboarding and ongoing support
- Relocation and accommodation assistance
- Access to Salary Packaging
- Flexible work/life balance
- Annual cpd funding through the Allied Health
- Registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) Crimes of Violence
b) Sex Related Offences
c) Serious Drug Offences
d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Holds or progressing towards a relevant post graduate qualification
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties. Applicants are strongly encouraged to seek more information about specific roles by contacting contact the Discipline Lead, below.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic Senior Occupational Therapist HP03 (March 2019) HPRNL (1).pdf
Generic Senior Occupational Therapist HP03 (March 2019) HPRNL (1).doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to the listed contact person including the below form:
Application for Employment (PDF).pdf
Application for Employment (Word).docx
Post your application with the above application form to:
Tasmanian Health Service
Human Resources and Organisational Development
PO Box 1963
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250
For more information
Discipline Lead, Occupational Therapy
Phone: 03 6777 6221
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.ths.tas.gov.au
Back to search results Apply now