Allied Health Professional Fixed-term and Casual Employment Register
Department of Health
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement/Allied Health Professional, Level 1-2|
|Salary:||$62,601 to $95,776 pro rata, per annum|
|| Casual, Full Time, Part Time
Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Who are we?
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
The Allied Health Professional Fixed-term and Casual Employment Registers enable currently registered Allied Health Professionals to register their interest in being considered for fixed term and casual Allied Health Professional duties within the Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service.
Applications are invited from Allied Health Professionals interested in being considered for fixed-term full-time, part-time or casual employment periods up to 12 months. These Registers will remain open to applicants until 30 June 2022 and will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please note that the Register will not preclude other Allied Health Professional positions being advertised if warranted.
Interested applicants are encouraged to obtain further information from the attached statement of duties, and lodge an application via the blue ‘apply now’ button.
Vacancies will be located at locations such as the Royal Hobart Hospital, Launceston General Hospital, North West Regional Hospital, Mersey Community Hospital.
This Register will remain open to applicants at all times until 30 June 2022 and will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please note that the Register will not preclude other positions being advertised if warranted.
To see if there are any current vacancies visit http://www.jobs.tas.gov.au/agency/tasmanian_health_service
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement
- Ability to undertake client education
- Satisfactory completion of a relevant and approved allied health course of study at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Registered with the relevant National Board for professions regulated under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law or in the case of self-regulated professions, eligible for membership with the relevant professional association.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty,
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Please note that some roles may require you to hold current Tasmanian Working With Children Registration.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Generic THS Allied Health Professional HP1-2 (March 2020).pdf
Generic THS Allied Health Professional HP1-2 (March 2020).doc
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.pdf
THS Jobs Website Applicant Guide.docx
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button.
Applicants should address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties.
Back to search results Apply now