Classification and Salary
Career Medical Officer
Medical Practitioner Level 10-13
$124,477 - $153,057 per annum
Medical Practitioner Level 5-11
$93,545 - $132,367 per annum
Please note that to be appointed as a Senior Registrar the following additional criteria must be met:
- Four years of post-graduate experience.
- Enrolled in a recognised specialty training program, successfully completed all fellowship examinations relevant to their training program and employment and be within one year of obtaining specialist fellowship.
Resident Medical Officer/Senior Resident Medical Officer
Medical Practitioner Level 2-8
$76,003 - $111,037 per annum
- Please note that to be appointed to Senior Resident Medical Officer the applicant needs to have General or unconditional registration with the Medical Board of Australia and a minimum of 4 years’ relevant post graduate experience
Rural Medical Practitioner
Rural Medical Practitioner Level 1
$180.91 per hour
Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1 – 11
$155,681 - $217,953 per annum
Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1-3
$224,181 - $236,636 per annum
- Please note to be appointed to Senior Specialist Medical Practitioner Level 1-3 the applicant must satisfy the criteria as described in Clause 20 of the Medical Practitioners (Tasmanian State Service) Award.
Visiting Medical Practitioner
$122.83 - $138.06 per hour
$142.51 - $160.89 (Rolled up Rate) per hour
Visiting Medical Specialist
$154.40 - $185.57 per hour
$179.07 - $215.25 (Rolled up Rate) per hour
- Please note that for progression to Visiting Medical Specialist Level 4 the applicant must satisfy the criteria as described in Schedule 3 of the Tasmanian Visiting Medical Practitioners Agreement 2019.