Living and working in the best place on earth
Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle in one of the world's most beautiful natural environments. It is the smallest Australian state, with all the services and facilities of a big city in a relaxed and safe community setting. Short commutes with restaurants, beaches, and iconic at-home getaways within close proximity make for the perfect work life balance. Living here you will have the best of everything - career opportunities, an active and healthy Tasmanian way of life, space and a connected community.
We are seeking suitable qualified Registered Nurses to take up roles at the North West Regional Hospital.
We are seeking motivated and experienced Registered Nurses to work in a range of settings at the North West Regional Hospital (NWRH). We are looking for passionate nurses who deliver the greatest quality of care and will collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team. It is expected that within the dynamic multidisciplinary team, you will contribute to a strong professional team approach through open communication and a positive supportive environment.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, you will contribute to the health outcomes of your patients through excellence in practice, fostering a learning culture, excellent communication skills and working effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
Roles are available in:
- Emergency Department
- Surgical Ward
- Medical Ward
- Acute Medical Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Casual Pool
The North West Regional Hospital, Burnie is a 160 bed facility and is the principal referral centre for the North West Tasmanian community and provides general medicine, surgical (including orthopaedic), intensive care, cancer services, paediatric services, outpatient clinics and specialist services. The hospital has close ties with the University of Tasmania through the Rural Clinical School and with TAFE Tasmania thus providing opportunities for comprehensive clinical training programs.
Details of Appointment:
Multiple Permanent roles are available working as shift workers up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Salary: $66,421 - $91,807 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Access to the Grade 4 salary range $85,950 - $91,807 is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
What's on offer:
- Flexible working hours to enable work/life balance
- Relocation allowance for successful interstate applicants can be negotiated
- Post graduate qualification allowance where applicable
- Onsite paid parking
- Support for ongoing professional development
- Other employment conditions and allowances available under the Nurses and Midwives Award and Agreement
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For more information (Contact Officer)
Nursing Director - Critical Care and Acute Medicine
firstname.lastname@example.org /(03) 64336138
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.job.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
Department of Health provides a high quality, safe and sustainable health services system for all Tasmanians. It is actively engaged in positive reforms to provide care and services for patients and clients in the best possible way through an integrated system that is people focused and supports individuals and communities to be active in their own health and wellbeing management. Our commitment is to work together with patients, clients, partners, and the community.
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.