Who are we?
The Department of Health is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Who are we looking for?
Applications are invited from Radiation Therapists interested in being considered for fixed-term full time, part-time or casual employment periods up to 12 months within The Royal Hobart Hospital, Launceston General Hospital, or the North West Regional Hospital.
You will be required to carry out the planning and treatment of patients with X-rays, electrons or radiation from sealed sources as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. Associated duties including patient care, general and technical administration.
This Register will remain open to applicants at all times until 30 June 2024 and will be reviewed on a regular basis. Please note that the Register will not preclude other positions being advertised if warranted.
To see if there are any current vacancies visit https://www.jobs.tas.gov.au/agency/department_of_health
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement
- Ability to undertake client education
Please note: some roles may require you to hold current Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People Registration.
- Satisfactory completion of a relevant and approved allied health course of study at a recognised tertiary institution.
- Registered with the relevant National Board for professions regulated under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law or in the case of self-regulated professions, eligible for membership with the relevant professional association.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty,
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Please note that some roles may require you to hold current Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People Registration.
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button.
Applicants should provide a 1-2 page application detailing your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the attached Statement of Duties.
Further information on the area you wish to register an interest in may be obtained by contacting the relevant person listed below:
Royal Hobart Hospital: Bronwyn Hilder on (03) 6222 8616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Launceston General Hospital: Natalie Kidd on (03) 6777 6159 or email email@example.com
North West Regional Hospital: David Gration on (03)6493 6039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org