Administrator of Courts (350147)
Department of Justice
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Senior Executive - Level 2 - Payment of Salary above the base salary of the advertised range is subject to an annual performance assessment|
|Salary:||$151,846.00 to $167,030.00 per annum|
|| Fixed-term, full-time
Period of Appointment
Senior Executive contract for a term of 5 years.
Senior Executive appointments are subject to the Senior Executive Leadership Capability Framework and the link below will provide you with information about this framework.
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.50 hours per fortnight. The Tasmanian State Service values and encourages diversity at all levels of employment and flexible and contemporary working arrangements are offered to support this.
- ensure the orderly and expeditious discharge of the business of the courts;
- co-ordinate and allocate resources, including providing advice on court judicial and non-judicial operations; and
- develop and implement professional development programs for Magistrates and court employees.
- Act as an executive member of the Magistrates’ Rule Committee and other groups as directed by the Chief Magistrate.
- Provide authoritative advice, direction and support to the staff in the relation to legislation relevant to the Magistrates Court and related Tribunals, including the provision of training to staff on legal matters.
- Manage the alternative dispute resolution service for matters before the Court in accordance with the Court’s case management objectives which includes undertaking highly complex mediations and conciliations.
- Actively participate as a member of the Senior Managers’ Forum and represent the Department and Court on high-level committees.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (350147) Administrator of Courts.doc
Statement of Duties (350147) Administrator of Courts.pdf
Senior Executive Leadership Capability Framework
How to apply
To apply, please provide a copy of your CV with two referees and a one page summary outlining why you are the best person for the job.
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Post your application with the following application form to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Deputy Secretary - Administration of Justice
(03) 6165 4943
Back to search results Apply now