Traffic Engineering Officer (370446)
Department of State Growth
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 4|
|Salary:||$68,043.00 to $78,457.00 per annum|
|| Fixed-term, flexible
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace that understands the importance of flexibility. Talk to us about what flexibility may look like for you.
Period of Appointment
- Coordinate, undertake or supervise complex traffic investigations and provide reports recommending traffic control improvements to the road network.
- Prepare traffic engineering proposals with appropriate concept plans and analysis.
- Manage and audit traffic management proposals from road owners against best practice and interpret current standards and legislation, providing advice on deficiencies and improvements.
- Liaise with Agency, Local Government and stakeholder groups on a wide range of traffic practices, safety issues and traffic control proposals.
- Prepare reports, correspondence and Ministerial briefs on a range of issues relating to traffic management.
- Coordinate and/or supervise the installation of traffic control devices on State Roads.
- Manage projects, from problem identification to resolution, including consultation with stakeholders, researching options, and making recommendations.
Evidence of the following must be provided prior to appointment to this role:
- A current drivers licence
The person must continue to satisfy the above essential requirements/qualifications throughout their employment in this role.
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised TAFE institution, or an equivalent qualification, appropriate to the nature of the work.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience working in a traffic engineering environment.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this role is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking
Download the Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
Statement of Duties.DOCX
Statement of Duties.pdf
Advice to Applicants.DOCX
Advice to Applicants.pdf
For more information
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue Apply Now button. If you apply online please do not send a hard copy application as well.
Complete the following application form and email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
Post your application with the above application form to:
People and Culture
Department of State Growth
GPO Box 536
HOBART TAS 7001
Back to search results Apply now