Senior Policy and Project Officer (001167)
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Local Government Division
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 6|
|Salary:||$89,714.00 to $101,591.00 per annum|
|| Fixed-term, flexible
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexibility. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity in our community. Ask how we can make this role flexible to suit you.
Period of Appointment
Up to 3 years
Hours per fortnight
Up to 73.5 hours - flexible options available.
- Provide high level research, analysis, and advice on policy and regulatory compliance issues relevant to the Division, and contribute to the development of solutions, proposals and recommendations.
- Coordinate the delivery of complex and/or high priority policy, regulatory and legislative projects, consistent with the Division’s Business Plan and the Government’s priorities.
- Provide authoritative advice to the Director of Local Government, the Secretary and the Minister on legislation administered by the Division.
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of the Division’s regulatory compliance program as required.
- Contribute to Divisional strategic direction-setting, risk identification and management, and continuous business improvement measures.
- Prepare a range of written materials, including ministerial and cabinet documentation and correspondence, reports and briefing notes and supporting material for policy and legislation.
- Effectively liaise and consult with State agencies, local government and other stakeholders on policy, legislative and regulatory compliance issues.
- Undertake other duties within this classification level and range of responsibilities which are within the employee’s competence and skill level.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
SoD - Senior Policy and Project Officer - 001167.docx
SoD - Senior Policy and Project Officer - 001167.pdf
Information for Applicants.docx
Information for Applicants.pdf
How to apply
Electronic submission of application is preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button.
You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application, please contact us prior to the closing date on (03) 6270 5607 or (03) 6270 5599.
For more information
Assistant Director - Policy, Reform and Projects
Phone: (03) 6232 7028
Back to search results Apply now