Finance and Investments Manager (850240)
Applications must be submitted by
|Applications close:|| AEST|
|Award/Classification:||Tasmanian State Service Award - General Stream Band 7|
|Salary:||$106,497.00 to $112,134.00 per annum|
|| Permanent, full-time
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
- Manage and coordinate the day to day activities of Finance staff including allocation of work, performance management, change management, identification of learning and development needs, and leave approvals etc.
- Preparation of the Public Trustee’s annual budget and financial statements for review by the Executive Management Team and provision of regular and timely reporting on results both internally and externally.
- Manage the day to day operations of the financial and trust accounting systems of the Public Trustee including:
- the balancing and reconciliation processes and monitoring the daily cash flow of the organisation;
- implementation of control systems;
- trust administration accounting and taxation systems and procedures;
- processing of payments and receipts;
- insurance; and
- quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reports in accordance with Government Business Guidelines.
- Manage the day to day activities and key processes for the investment of the Public Trustee’s funds under management in accordance with approved delegations and guidelines and set crediting rates for common fund contributors.
- Provide high level advice to the organisation, as required, in all aspects of financial management and investment functions.
- Develop, implement and review policies, practices and procedures within areas of responsibility, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and Treasurer’s Instructions.
- Act as Secretary to the Investment Committee.
- Undertake project work as required, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Undertake the role of Chief Financial Officer/Company Secretary as directed, in the incumbent’s absence.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
• Arson and fire setting
• Violent crimes and crimes against the person
• Sex-related offences
• Drug and alcohol related offences
• Crimes involving dishonesty
• Crimes involving deception
• Making false declarations
• Malicious damage and destruction to property
• Serious traffic offences
• Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
• Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
• Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications, such as accounting and commercial qualifications.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants or the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia or equivalent.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (850240) Finance and Investments Manager (January 2019).docx
Statement of Duties (850240) Finance and Investments Manager (January 2019).pdf
How to apply
Online applications are preferred, please click the blue 'Apply Now' button. You will be prompted to complete an online application form and to attach your cover letter, resume and selection criteria responses. Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Post your application with the following application form to:
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
Application for Employment (Form 201).DOCX
Application for Employment (Form 201).pdf
For more information
Chief Financial Officer/Company Secretary
(03) 6235 5230
Back to search results Apply now