Please submit a two page response to the selection criteria to be considered for this position
Applications received are reviewed by a selection panel on a monthly basis, you can usually expect to hear from us within 6-8 weeks regarding an outcome.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight - flexible options available.
We are seeking experienced auditors to join our financial audit team here in Tasmania, either Hobart or Launceston based. We offer flexible work arrangements, generous leave entitlements and a genuine commitment to providing a contemporary work environment which includes an extensive learning and development program.
The Office is a well-respected and influential organisation focused on the financial integrity of, and maintaining the public’s trust in state entities. You will have the ability to work on a variety of clients, large and small, from government departments, local government to water and electricity organisations.
The Senior Financial Auditor will be responsible for working as part of a team in delivering audits on time and on budget. Technical leadership and supervision of other team members will be required and they may undertake Engagement Leader roles on low risk audits. Salary provided is within the range of $89,600 - $94,036, commensurate with experience excluding superannuation.
For further information or a confidential chat please contact Stephen Morrison as per the details below.
- Coordinate the development and execution of audit plans in accordance with the requirements of the auditing standards and within the framework of the Office’s audit methodology. Usually execute the audit plan for high-risk areas.
- Utilise current information technology and computer systems to complete audit work, analyse data and prepare reports.
- Be the primary contact for assigned audits and take on responsibility for the overall quality of those audits.
- Effectively supervise team members including providing clear instructions, timely review of work completed and provision of constructive feedback.
- Organise self and team members to deliver work that meets the agreed requirements and expectations including established timeframes and budgets, as well as communicating progress to relevant parties.
- Liaise with client staff with a focus on developing and maintaining professional working relationships.
- Effectively resolve technical matters arising during the course of work escalating issues where appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of reports that include compelling narrative with observations and recommendations that are supported by appropriate evidence and analysis of data.
- Work towards developing the knowledge, skills and experience of other team members and contribute to the overall achievement of Office outcomes.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19, or granted an exemption by the Head of Agency. Please see the Statement of Duties for further information or call the contact person with any questions.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following; Arson and fire setting; Violent crimes and crimes against the person; Sex-related offences; Drug and alcohol related offences; Crimes involving dishonesty; Crimes involving deception; Making false declarations; Malicious damage and destruction to property; Serious traffic offences; Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice; Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power; Crimes involving Conspiracy.
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
- Identification check.
- A tertiary qualification at degree level in a relevant discipline from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Completion of a recognised accounting/auditing certificate program, that includes either three years supervised/mentored practical experience or five years unsupervised practical experience in accounting/auditing).
- Driver’s Licence.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
Statement of Duties (Various) Assistant Manager (April 2022).DOCX
Statement of Duties (Various) Assistant Manager (April 2022).pdf
Tasmanian Audit Office - Short Form Application FAQs.DOCX
Tasmanian Audit Office - Short Form Application FAQs.pdf
Information for Applicants (Audit).docx
Information for Applicants (Audit).pdf
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please apply online by clicking the blue 'Apply Now' button.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the Tasmanian Audit Office on (03) 6165 4902
For more information
Assistant Auditor-General - Audit
Phone: 0402 417 505