Performs a variety of skilled office support and/or secretarial duties for a specified project which requires a range of skills and knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
Salary Grade: 11
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Analyze operating practices such as record keeping systems, office layouts, and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures; remains abreast of trends in administrative operations.
2. Coordinates collection of and participates in the preparation of operating reports using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
3. Develops, plans, and implements programs, office policies, and procedures relevant to unit mission and goals.
4. Gathers data for budget preparation and inventory reports, prepares or assists in the preparation of the annual budget, and procures all supplies, furniture, and office equipment.
5. Manages complex events calendar for unit; coordinates the logistics of unit functions and events.
6. Answers and returns phone calls in a timely fashion while also directing calls to appropriate personnel.
7. Assist with travel claims of project staff.
8. Checks inventory of office supplies and completes purchase requests for needed supplies.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma.
Experience: Four (4) years Directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
1. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
2. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must apply online at http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting: the completed online application, submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references.
October 3, 2022 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.