Provide direction, management, and oversight of assigned field staff.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Throughout its history, Mississippi State University-Extension Service (MSU-ES) has demonstrated a deep and abiding commitment to programs that directly impact young children and their families. In the past decade, MSU-ES has distinguished itself as Mississippi’s premier infrastructural support of high-quality early childhood education.
Anticipated Appointment Date:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
1. Provide supervision and evaluation of the MS Child Care Resource & Referral staff.
2. Maintain professional and cooperative relationships with communities and partners in assigned area as well as statewide.
3. Assist with needs for Resource and Referral sites in assigned area and across the state as needed.
4. Demonstrate exceptional written and oral communication skills.
5. Be able to work independently and meet deadlines given by immediate supervisor.
6. File reports with staff in a timely manner.
7. Perform any related duties as assigned.
8. Continue professional development education per university guidelines
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood, or a related field.
Experience: Three (3) years of work experience in a supervisory or management role.
Licensure: Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel as required during performance of assigned tasks.
1. Master’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood, Business Administration, or a related field.
2. Experience working with parents and child care providers in the child care field.
3. Experience directly related to the job duties and/or responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to use technology and experience with Microsoft Office software suite.
2. Ability to work with and adapt research materials for educational use which can be effectively communicated orally and/or in writing.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work as a team player.
5. Ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Ability to travel out of local area (includes in-and out-of-state travel). Overnight travel will be required. Use of personal car required.
1. Irregular hours may be anticipated; meeting of deadlines and coordination of unrelated activities are key to this position.
2. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands.
3. Job requires standing, stooping/kneeling/crouching/crawling, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
4. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Complete online application at http://www.msujobs.msstate.edu/ and submit a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and the contact information for at least three professional references. Please remove any social security numbers included on requested transcripts prior to submitting online.
An official transcript will be required if selected for employment.
October 10, 2022 until filled.
Position is contingent upon continued availability of funding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.