Maintains a range of broadcast and IT equipment in support of the SEC Network and provides technical advice and expertise for operational and program activities.
Salary Grade: 13
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Director of Broadcast Technology in maintaining equipment for SEC Network and video board productions, setting up and monitoring between facilities.
2. Responsible for maintaining, inventorying, and overseeing the production equipment that is used by our full-time production staff and student workers.
3. Provide assistance as the department invests in new systems, techniques and equipment.
4. Help minimize loss of service due to equipment failures.
5. Set up and operate audio systems for broadcast and game day activities.
6. Comply with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
7. Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcast Journalism, Engineering or related field with one (1) year of experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours.
• Excellent organizational, management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of NCAA and SEC regulations.
• Attention to detail.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Regularly involves lifting, bending or other physical exertion. Often exposed to one or more elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. with one to the point of being objectionable. Injuries may require professional treatment.
Job frequently requires standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping/kneeling/crouching/ crawling, talking, hearing, handling objects with hands, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Job occasionally requires climbing or balancing, and lifting more than 100 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Please attach your Resume and cover letter to the Application.
December 17, 2022
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or email@example.com. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.