Frasers Property Industrial develops, owns and manages market-leading industrial, logistics and commercial properties across Australia and Europe.
We’re looking for people who want to learn, grow and lead in a workplace that holds no limits on their potential. We offer a positive, supportive environment – plus plenty of great benefits to help you continue growing both professionally and personally.
Our Industrial line of business is currently seeking an experienced Planning Manager to join the team based in our Rhodes Office. Reporting to the General Manager for NSW, the Planning Manager will be responsible for the coordination of planning and engineering approvals and management of key relationships across our Industrial Developments in NSW.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the various planning and authority approvals across the NSW business
- Lodgement of applications in collaboration with external consultants as required; identification and mitigation of potential delays in obtaining approvals
- Assisting the Acquisition Manager in the investigation and review of site information, providing accurate advice in respect to development conditions and project timeframes for delivery
- Risk analysis and risk mitigation relating to development of land
- Preparation of property titling plans and management of processes with effective registration of titles including communication of process and status across the business
- Preparation and documentation of civil and infrastructure early design
- Management of legal agreements including consultant agreements, authority offers, access agreements and other project agreements
- Preparation of budgets in line with project feasibilities including variations and transfers; project plan and financial control throughout approval process
- Promoting good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, authorities, consultants and within FPI
As the ideal applicant you will possess:
- Qualifications in Urban Planning, or in Property Economics, Property Development and similar relevant qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in the property development industry
- Local Government experience is highly desirable
- Deep knowledge level of the application processes for various authorities including local government and services providers
- Sound understanding of the commercial and financial aspects of project delivery
- Advanced skills in commercial report writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Taking on the future, together:
We first began developing property in 1924. Today, we’re part of the global Frasers Property Group, which operates across five asset classes – residential, retail, commercial & business parks, industrial & logistics, as well as hospitality.
The Frasers Property Industrial team brings energy, innovation and opportunity to everything we do. The long-lasting relationships we share with customers and each other are based on trust and integrity – and the understanding that we’re all committed to achieving excellence in everything we do. We’re focused on realising ambitious goals, but know that time spent being social, creative and active always brings out the best in our people and company.
Our workplace is culturally safe, inclusive and open-minded, where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We are recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency and are a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
We provide a range of financial incentives to help our people make the most of their work and life alike. These include professional membership and study reimbursements to continue growing their careers and their minds, along with discounted accommodation through our global hospitality network, plus paid study and parental partner leave.
The physical, mental and personal wellbeing of our team is vital – and we do everything we can to support everyone feeling their best. Mental health awareness training is readily available, along with other initiatives to motivate and maintain healthier bodies, minds and workplaces.
We also champion an inclusive workplace culture, where everyone is free to share their opinions and seize the same opportunities. To support a culture that supports, empowers and inspires all people, we encourage flexible working practices for all roles – and offer company-sponsored and personal volunteering events to give back as well.
If you’re ready to advance your career with a business that’s taking great strides towards the future, then we’re ready to hear from you.