Frasers Property Industrial develops, owns and manages market-leading industrial, logistics and commercial properties across Australia and Europe.
We’re looking for people who want to learn, grow and lead in a workplace that holds no limits on their potential. We offer a positive, supportive environment – plus plenty of great benefits to help you continue growing both professionally and personally.
Our Asset Management line of business are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join the team based in our St Kilda Road office. Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the operations of industrial properties in Victoria within the Frasers Industrial and Commercial Trust (FLCT) and the Frasers Property Industrial (FPI) portfolio.
As the successful applicant, this role will see your responsibilities include:
- Managing base building operational performance including repairs and maintenance, building services, statutory compliance and risk management
- Liaising with the Asset Management, Property Management and Operations teams
- Providing a high level of service to our internal and external customers, and maintaining strong relationships with consultants and service providers
- Undertaking regular inspections of properties, plant and equipment, and attending to after-hours emergency callouts
- Preparing tendering services agreements, and ensuring agreements are executed, for maintenance and capital upgrade works
- Liaising with the teams on budgets, operational and capital upgrade expenditure reviews and recommendations, and on tendering for property management services
- Coordinating with customers on approvals for fit-out proposals
- Assisting the Property Management team with monthly management reporting on building service operations, energy usage and services usage, and statutory compliance
- Monitoring energy and service performance, and prepare sustainability upgrade recommendations and evaluations
- Collaborating with the Sustainability team on data gathering and consolidation
As the ideal applicant, you will possess:
- Qualifications or relevant experience in trades, engineering, building, construction, facilities management, and HSE
- Experience in managing a portfolio of industrial assets
- Sound knowledge of essential safety measures, and in building systems and building fabric
- Ability in managing building monitoring/management systems
- Experience in project management of minor works,
- Capabilities in engaging and managing service providors,
- Knowledge of managing operational and capital expenditure budgets
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, and in Microsoft 365
Taking on the future, together:
We first began developing property in 1924. Today, we’re part of the global Frasers Property Group, which operates across five asset classes – residential, retail, commercial & business parks, industrial & logistics, as well as hospitality.
The Frasers Property Industrial team brings energy, innovation and opportunity to everything we do. The long-lasting relationships we share with customers and each other are based on trust and integrity – and the understanding that we’re all committed to achieving excellence in everything we do. We’re focused on realising ambitious goals, but know that time spent being social, creative and active always brings out the best in our people and company.
Our workplace is culturally safe, inclusive and open-minded, where everyone is empowered to be their best, challenged to grow and develop, and rewarded for their achievements. We are recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Australian Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency and are a White Ribbon Accredited workplace.
We provide a range of financial incentives to help our people make the most of their work and life alike. These include professional membership and study reimbursements to continue growing their careers and their minds, along with discounted accommodation through our global hospitality network, plus paid study and parental partner leave.
The physical, mental and personal wellbeing of our team is vital – and we do everything we can to support everyone feeling their best. Mental health awareness training is readily available, along with other initiatives to motivate and maintain healthier bodies, minds and workplaces.
We also champion an inclusive workplace culture, where everyone is free to share their opinions and seize the same opportunities. To support a culture that supports, empowers and inspires all people, we encourage flexible working practices for all roles – and offer company-sponsored and personal volunteering events to give back as well.
If you’re ready to advance your career with a business that’s taking great strides towards the future, then we’re ready to hear from you.