Inst/Ast Prof/Asc Prof/Prof Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 805446
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Nursing
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Health Care Professional, Fixed Term Faculty, 1/2 Time (50-64.9%), Non-Union
Inst/Ast Prof/Asc Prof/Prof Fixed Term
Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Nurse Planner
The NPD Nurse Planner for the MSU College of Nursing (CON) assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the continuing nursing professional development activities with supervision by the NPD Coordinator, who may also be the Primary Nurse Planner. The individual in this role works collaboratively with the CON faculty, staff, students, agency partners, and the Henry Ford Health System/MSU collaborative agreement (Health Science Center) partners for nursing professional development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Nurse Planner (NP) (as described by the Ohio Nurses Association) for continuing nursing professional development activities provided by the College of Nursing and the Health Science Center partners.
- Identify and assess professional practice gaps, identifying and differentiating learning needs that can be addressed through education.
- Create, lead, and serve as an expert in NPD planning and evaluation process for planning committees convened to develop and deliver evidence-based learning activities.
- Implement and evaluate evidence-based learning activities.
- Implement the Approved Provider Unit (APU) process for identification, mitigation, and disclosure of relevant financial relationships for all with the ability to control content of planner learning activities.
- Identify and evaluate NPD outcomes, and measure change in knowledge, skill, and/or practice at the time of the program and long term (if applicable).
- Complete summative evaluations for each learning activity and use data to guide future activity planning.
- Participate in the evaluation process for nursing professional development.
- Collaborate with content experts to implement learning activities; may serve as a content expert as appropriate.
- Participate with other nurse planners and the primary nurse planner in the evaluation process for the APU.
- Collaborate with the Primary Nurse Planner to ensure consistency and cohesion of department systems and processes in alignment with the Michigan State University College of Nursing’s strategic plan and accreditation standards, including diversity, equity, and inclusion values.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in nursing professional development
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in practice as a Nursing Professional Development Practitioner or Specialist
- NPD Specialist (graduate degree and current NPD certification)
- 1 year of experience using metrics to assess learning needs, and/or Research/Quality Improvement experience.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing or related field
Required Application Materials
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now