Specialist - Outreach-Fixed Term
Back to search results
Job no: 817601
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Personnel Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Natural Science
Program In Mathematics Education 40000061
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Education/Training, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union, Remote-Friendly
Specialist - Fixed Term - Outreach
The Program in Mathematics Educations invites applicants to fill the position of Specialist - Outreach for the Connected Mathematics Project (CMP). The successful candidate will have: the ability to work well independently and effectively as a team member; excellent writing and listening skills with colleagues and CMP audiences (K-12 math teachers, math education community, math researchers, families and interested public); quantitative and analytical skills necessary to foster effective online website and social media engagement; and a solid understanding of web-based technologies in service of math education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote, write, and edit general and topic-specific CMP newsletters; work with project staff to plan ideas for articles; write and edit articles to meet the knowledge needs of CMP audiences
- Edit a broad variety of internal and external documents (e.g., recruitment emails for projects and proposals, poster presentations, curriculum documents, job descriptions, and other HR communications)
- Design and produce content, marketing and promotional materials, and graphic elements
for the project’s website
- Create graphic elements for web purposes using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Communicate CMP information effectively with teachers, teacher supervisors, school leaders, math educators, math education researchers, mathematicians, media etc.
- Author, monitor, and respond to social media posts for CMP’s Facebook, Facebook Discussion Group, Instagram, and Twitter accounts
- Create, edit, and publish blog posts and podcasts for audiences of CMP research (K-12 math teachers, math education community, math researchers, families and interested public)
- Edit National Science Foundation (NSF) proposals, and assist with uploading documents to Fastlane and Research.gov
- Assist with CMP conferences and workshops in a variety of ways with technology tools such as Eventbrite, WordPress, Google Drive, and MailChimp, Dropbox.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Master's degree and an interest in math, math ed, science, and/or K-12 schools
- Knowledge of math, math ed, sciences, and/or K-12 schools
Experience with web design and communications
Ability to design, write, and edit materials for communications
- Writing and editing experience as well as dynamic presentation/communication skills
Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on long-term planning and implementation
Competency with technologies such as word-processing, database management, presentations, spreadsheets, social media
- Adept at working collaboratively and building rapport with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff
Experience engaging audiences in multiple social media platforms
Experience using digital media such as YouTube, Websites, and Google Drive
Interests in online webinars or podcasts
- Interests in audio and video production
Required Application Materials
3) Work/Writing Sample relevant to job description
4) Names and contact information for three references.
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of applications will begin on November 4, 2022 and the search will continue until the position has been filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now