Adjunct Lecturer - Biology
Job no: 494006
Position type: Adjunct Faculty (Part-Time)
Division/Equivalent: Academic Affairs
School/Unit: School of Arts and Sciences
Categories: Faculty (Full-Time)
Adjunct Lecturer - Biology Department
The College at Brockport
Founded in 1835, The College at Brockport is a nationally recognized four-year comprehensive public college focused on student success. We are proud of our academic quality and exceptional value.
The College at Brockport is seeking applicants for anticipated part-time adjunct faculty positions in the Biology Department for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Illustrative needs or job duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing lesson plans, creating appropriate teaching aids, and arranging provision of instructional materials and activities for students usage during class. The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives established by the Department
- Must maintain accurate records on students and submit pertinent data to the department and/or the College, including, but not limited to, attendance information, course information sheets, final exams and final grades.
- In some cases, supervision of laboratory teaching assistants.
The department typically hires for the courses/subject areas listed below, but this list is not all inclusive. Other courses/subject areas may become available within the department. ILLUSTRATIVE COURSE NEEDS INCLUDE:
- BIO 111 Principles of Biology
- BIO 201 General Biology I
- BIO 202 General Biology II
- BIO 323 Microbiology
- BIO 414 Immunology
- Master’s Degree in Biology or a related field from an accredited US Department of Education or an internationally recognized institution.
- Experience in college-level teaching
- Terminal degree preferred.
Salary Range: $2400 per 3 credit hour course
Please visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials will be reviewed as positions become available and applications will be accepted through August 31, 2019.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications deadline: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend