The College at Brockport
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Purchasing Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Procurement and Payment Services, this position will be responsible for assisting the College faculty and staff in obtaining the most appropriate materials, supplies, equipment, and services at the lowest available price, consistent with quality requirements and delivery needs as will best promote the interests of The College at Brockport and New York State. This position will need to solicit quotes, bids, and request for proposals for whatever is necessary to fit the College’s procurement needs. The Buyer will be responsible for procuring goods and services at competitive prices by following SUNY and NYS rules and regulations. The purchasing responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: furniture and carpet, serve as the coordinator for the office supplies systems contract and office equipment contract, laboratory and scientific equipment and maintenance, copier and copier maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university
- Procurement experience
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work within a diverse environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse and high-level group of individuals in a diplomatic and professional manner (written and verbal)
- Flexible work style: able to work independently, on a team or lead a team.
- Ability to juggle several projects and deadlines using a project management approach (e.g. set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently).
- Able to complete work assignments in an environment of constantly changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Experience with New York State and SUNY procurement rules and regulations
- Two years of purchasing experience
- Experience with e-procurement systems
- Ability to work in a team oriented and culturally diverse environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Serves on College wide committees
The Procurement and Payment Services Office consists of eight dedicated professional employees. We are committed to providing exceptional customer service to our campus and vendor communities, while striving to procure the highest quality products and services at the lowest possible costs. Join a talented and experienced team and work on an exciting and vibrant campus.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York, serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters’ programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation. Located in western New York, the College benefits from a small town atmosphere located near major metropolitan cities; 16 miles west of Rochester, 45 miles east of Buffalo, and 140 miles from Toronto.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Preference will be given to application materials received by May 6, 2019, and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
NY State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.