|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for a Manager of Advancement Communications. The Manager is be responsible for the following duties:
• Manages of all Comprehensive Campaign communication.
• Oversees and manages of all Advancement communication materials (print, social, on-line).
• Coordinates content on Advancement web pages and maintain alumni website/serve as a content manager for specific sites on the College website.
• Serves as Manager/Editor of The Port.
• Maintains content management and shares within Advancement.
• Serves as in-house “expert” and trainer for iModules and Graduway.
• Collaborates with various departments such as College Communications/Marketing Communications and the Print Shop.
.• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related field by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience writing in one of the following areas: newspaper, magazine, on-line, marketing, college communications.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and perform as a valued team member.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a variety of constituents.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Professional experience working in higher education or a nonprofit.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to Advancement activities and to use discretion in interactions with prospects, donors, volunteers and others.
||Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4pm
|Salary and Benefits:
||$53,261 May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.