|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for an Associate Director of Institutional Research. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, the Associate Director serves as the principal assistant to the Director and provides leadership to the department in the Director’s absence. The Associate Director has responsibilities ranging across the entire area of institutional research, including administrative studies, behavioral research, planning studies, and information system creation although there may be considerable variation in the attention accorded each of these areas. Responsibilities include the stewarding of studies on students, faculty, curriculum, enrollment, finance, or other areas of higher education in an effort to generate information pertinent to the decision-making process at the College.
• Bachelor's degree by the time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Experience working in institutional research.
• Demonstrated functional knowledge of statistical software, querying data sources, and analyzing data.
• Knowledge of survey design and administration.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects; work both as part of a team and independently; ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines; all while maintaining the highest standard of research.
• Demonstrated ability to write and present concise analytical reports which are directed to specific readership.
• Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
• Master's degree in statistics or related, quantitative, research-intensive field by the time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Experience in higher education or a social science field performing statistical analysis or in industry, non-profit, or government settings.
• Experience with Banner or similar higher education information systems and/or reporting solutions.
• Experience with business intelligence solutions (e.g., OBIEE, Argos, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
||Monday - Friday
|Salary and Benefits:
||$70,590 May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.