|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for a CMS Manager and Wed Accessibility Coordinator. The person in this role will help enhance and maintain the college’s website by supporting content creators’ work in several content management systems, and by ensuring that the website continues to move toward full accessibility. This individual will work with College Communications’ Web Content Team and the technical team of designers and coders, as well as supervise and support student employees. We will train in the specific systems to be used, and in accessibility standards and procedures, if needed, but this individual will need to be able to continue to stay up to date in web accessibility issues through self-training and professional development opportunities.
• Associate’s Degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Self-motivated, attention to detail and quality of work.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent people skills and problem-solving skills.
• Basic knowledge of and experience with HTML and CSS.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Knowledge of and experience with XML.
• Knowledge of website and document accessibility standards.
• Experience with document accessibility remediation, especially using Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with a higher ed-based CMS, especially Omni CMS.
• Experience with LiveWhale calendar and storyteller systems.
• Experience with support ticketing systems, especially Mantis.
• Proficiency with a *NIX operating system and shells.
||Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm
|Salary and Benefits:
||Minimum Salary $49,500, May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.