|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for a Director of Residential Life/Learning Communities. The Director of Residential Life/Learning Communities is responsible for leading, planning, managing and directing the Residential Life department including program development for the residential curriculum, residence hall supervision and operations, residential inclusion and leadership development, community standards and safety education programs, and academic programs for the undergraduate residence halls. The Director provides leadership and oversight of the short and long-term management of residential education efforts, including the Living Learning Community program, assessment efforts as well as management of the physical spaces in which students live, work and learn. The Director fosters a strong culture of collaboration among departments across campus to achieve the overarching goal of student success. Diversity, equity and inclusion will be a lens through which all programming and initiatives will be executed.
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs or related field by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
• Minimum of five years of progressive experience in Residential Life and/or Student Affairs.
• Demonstrated experience leading responses to campus crisis and emergencies.
• Demonstrated experience with Residential Curriculum and Living Learning Communities, including assessment and student learning outcomes.
• Demonstrated strong organization, written and verbal communication skills.
• Evidence of strong supervision skills.
• Demonstrated experience in fostering collaborative relationships with campus partners.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• Experience with Starfish, SCT Banner Information System, CBORD Odyssey HMS, Maxient and CollegiateLink.
• Willingness to support departmental events and activities outside regular business hours.
• Experience recruiting, training and onboarding students and professional employees.
• Experience developing and/or implementing student success initiatives in the residence halls.
|Salary and Benefits:
||Starting Minimum Salary is $90,000. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.