|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||Performs mechanical, electrical, plumbing and building maintenance including troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and building systems. Independently performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled job duties. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the operation, repair and maintenance of a variety of (hot water boiler system) heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and mechanical equipment inside and outside of the facility.
- Independently perform mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building maintenance
- Maintains work order request records.
- Answers maintenance calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Plans and coordinates work load, and diagnoses problems.
- Works proficiently with methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the craft or crafts to which assigned.
- Reads and interprets plans, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
- Supervises four cleaners and one janitor.
Non-competitive: four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled
tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training,
apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and
training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute,
or branch of the Armed Services.
Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and pass a LENS check.
- Possess a Refrigeration Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (2016)
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in carpentry, electrical and plumbing, and HVAC systems
||40 hours; Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
|Salary and Benefits:
||May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.