|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for a Graduate Fellow. The Graduate Fellow will work closely with the CEO and COO in the role of Community Engagement Manager. The Community Engagement Manager serves as a brand ambassador for 540WMain, Inc. engaging with potential organizational members and building relationships with existing organizational members.
• Research connections to support 540’s strategic initiatives to expand its organizational reach to become a professional and continuous certification site for teachers, lawyers, nurses, and other professionals.
• Research opportunities for 540 to align with professional and corporate organizations.
• Conduct outreach through virtual and in person community fairs, networking events and
community meetings to create new organizational partnerships.
• Provide effective communication regarding what 540's platform can do for external stakeholders.
• Attend in person classes and community outreach events.
• Provide technical support for online classes as needed.
• Meet with members of SUNY Brockport's Division of Advancement 2-3 times per semester to connect Brockport to 540 resources and to support 540’s strategic initiatives to grow a partnership with SUNY Brockport.
• Enrolled in graduate work at SUNY Brockport.
• Knowledgeable about the Rochester community and its history, culture, and challenges.
• Ability to connect with others and energized by the prospect of building relationships with local, regional and national community-based organizations, non-profits, government agencies, and corporations.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse array of community and team members and support equity for everyone.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, and electronic media.
• Strong communication, organizational skills with great attention to detail.
• Self motivated and enthusiastic about working independently and regularly in a remote setting.
• Self-motivated, dependable, responsible, honest, and ability to work independently and remotely.
• Ability to handle multiple research projects simultaneously.
• Ability to organize big ideas into actionable processes and project plans.
· Ability to thrive in new situations and develop and help make coherent diverse ideas, processes and perspectives.
Experience working in or studying marking, business, communications and related
||Monday - Friday, 20 hours per week
|Salary and Benefits:
||$10,000 for 2 semesters, 15 weeks per semester. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
||Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. For best consideration, please submit full application by July 1, 2022.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|New York State Executive Order:
|Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
|Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
|We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.