|Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport!
||The Engagement Officer (EO) is a member of a team of advancement professionals focused on building philanthropic relationships with prospects and benefactors. The primary goal of the EO is securing significant private support to advance SUNY Brockport’s mission. The EO is a member of the Division of Advancement & Communications and reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Advancement.
• Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
• Fundraising and/or relational, face-to-face sales or donor relations experience.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to Advancement activities, and to use discretion in interactions with prospects, donors, volunteers, and others.
• Proven ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate and timely reports, proposals, and other documents in support of development objectives.
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills and the ability to work effectively within a diverse community.
• Ability and willingness to travel/work extensively, both weekdays and weekends.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office.
• Ability to work effectively with students, public, college community and external constituencies, with an appreciation for cultural and group differences.
• A graduate degree.
• Significant experience (three or more years) in major and planned gift fund raising with an established record of closing a broad range of gifts.
• Professional experience working in higher education or in a non-profit environment.
• Experience with Fundraiser Performance Management (Blackbaud) or other constituent management system(s).
||Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm
|Salary and Benefits:
||Minimum salary is $61,750 for less than 2 years experience. Minimum salary for more than 2 years experience is $80,340. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references.
|Background Investigation Statement:
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment background check.
|Pre-Employment Drug Testing:
Pre-employment drug test and DOT physical may be required for positions requiring a valid Class A or B CDL driver's license with passenger endorsement.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
|SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.