Art & Design (Visiting Professor) - College of Liberal Arts & Science
Job no: 492578
Work type: FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Categories: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Department of Art and Design at Grand Valley State University (GVSU) seeks candidates for a Visiting Assistant Professor position in Graphic Design and Foundations. This is a full-time position beginning August 6, 2017. The position will be for one (1) year, with the possibility of renewal for up to two (2) more years.
The GVSU Department of Art and Design is a dynamic department. The Graphic Design area is a thriving program with 100 majors, two tenure-track faculty, and two adjunct instructors. While the areas within the department are deeply engaged in their disciplines, we strongly value and encourage crossing disciplinary boundaries and exploratory approaches to art making.
- MFA in Graphic Design or related field by August 31, 2017
- Prior college level teaching experience (teaching assistantship experience will be considered),
- Combination of skills covering the following areas: typography, page layout, print production, web design, design for mobile devices motion graphics, identity design.
- Candidates must be able to teach classes outside of the graphic design emphasis such 2D design and Color and Design.
- Evidence of knowledge of historical and contemporary design is required.
- Experience in packaging, exhibit design, and data visualization.
- Teaching three courses per semester within the Graphic Design Emphasis and Foundations in a NASAD accredited undergraduate program, participation in portfolio reviews, and maintaining an active research professional practice.
Salary: Competitive Range with benefits
Department/Division: Art & Design
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin June 19, 2015. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click "Apply now". Include a letter of interest addressing qualifications, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vita, and contact information for three references. Additionally, include a web address for a portfolio of at least 10 examples of your work and at least 10 examples of student work. If a web portfolio of your work or student work is not available, links to cloud-based services will be considered as well. For more information contact: Vinicius Lima, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend