Mercy Health Embedded Faculty (Affiliate Clinical Professor)-Kirkhof College of Nursing
Job no: 492621
Work type: FAC - Affiliate (Clinical) Faculty - One year/12 Month, FAC - Visiting Faculty - 1st Year - Academic Year
Location: Grand Rapids
Categories: Kirkhof College of Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing with a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree required
- Board certified Primary Care Nurse Practitioner: Adult, Adult/Gerontology, or Family. Licensed to practice in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in primary care;
- Must be enthusiastic and capable of implementing an innovative, team-based approach to care, co-designing and co-teaching medical and nursing students in collaboration with physician colleagues.
- Skill in the provision of primary care and application of clinical reasoning for providing primary care, common acute illness care and care for complex chronic health problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with appropriate health care professionals (nurses, physicians, social workers, psychologists, etc.) and make referrals as needed to ensure continuity of care.
- Able to meet the Technical Standards (attached)
- Experience in higher education
Assess the health status of patients using a comprehensive framework; correctly identify patient problems/diagnoses; plan holistic care and intervene as appropriate based on astute clinical reasoning; include the patient and family in the development of the plan of care based on best evidence; and evaluate outcomes/document plan of care at each visit. Shared on-call responsibility. Demonstrate leadership by serving as a role model for professional conduct and practice and facilitator of team-based care; serve as a clinical educator for students in GVSU/KCON graduate and undergraduate nursing education programs; support interprofessional students; and contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe practice environment with attention to quality. Incorporate professional behaviors in daily activities, including accountability, respect, effective communication, fiscal responsibility, and being a team player. Maintaining currency in practice and ongoing professional development is an expectation.
- Must have functional use of the somatic senses and the senses of vision and hearing.
- Must have the ability to observe through visual, auditory, and somatic senses.
- Must have adequate motor capabilities to safely perform required diagnostic and therapeutic maneuvers and procedures.
Social and Behavioral Functioning
- Must possess social patterns of behavior consistent with safe and ethical practice with individual clients, families and groups of people.
- Must have the mental control to handle emotions that might affect practice performance.
- Embedded faculty is a concept that promotes a reciprocal relationship for an education/practice partnership.
- Embedded faculty are thoroughly informed regarding all degree levels and curricular expectations
- An advanced practice Kirkhof College of Nursing (KCON) faculty member, with an earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, becomes part of the care delivery model, providing expertise and contributing to operational and clinical outcomes
- Emphasis is placed on development of innovative care delivery centered on quality improvement, efficiency, effectiveness, and collaboration
- Embedded faculty are KCON faculty members who are also members of the clinical practice. They serve as a conduit between practice and academe to influence curriculum design, development, and implementation to enhance transformation of the healthcare delivery through student clinical experiences and practice change.
- With intimate working knowledge and assessment of the practice site, the faculty member identifies undergraduate and graduate student experiences that can add value and capacity to the site to achieve strategic goals and outcomes for the practice site. Student assignments are negotiated between GVSU/KCON and the practice site.
- Embedded faculty have participated in faculty development for interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional collaborative practice (IPCP). They are prepared to integrate an IPCP framework into the practice site. It is anticipated that the student experiences be inclusive of an interprofessional collaborative.
- The DNP credential ensures proficiency in practice management; quality improvement strategies for creating and sustaining changes at the organizational and policy levels; evaluation for cost
- effectiveness of care; and economics and finance for the redesign of effective and realistic care delivery strategies.
- Contracted hours are within the practice site; the salary is shared between practice and education, given that student oversight is part of the anticipated role.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Kirkhof College of Nursing
Deadline Date for Filing Applications: Open until filled
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance with the online system, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215 If more information desired, please contact the Assistant Dean for Practice, Dr. Tricia Thomas, (616) 331-5754.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend